7.05.2012

Jef's poem to Emily


As many of you know, I’m a huge Bachelor/Bachelorette fan. I’ve been watching religiously for about 5 years now. This season has southern belle Emily Maynard searching for love after she was chosen by Brad Womack in a previous season and the relationship went nowhere. I like her. I think she’s genuine. Plus, her teeth are like a perfect pack of Chicklets. I can’t take my eyes off them.

She's down to three dudes, but there’s only one I want to see her engaged to.


Jef Holm. SWOON. Is this guy for real? He literally makes my heart melt. (Sorry Tim!)

Soft spoken. Humanitarian. Entrepreneur. Religious. Stylish. Tight pants. Rad hair. WRITES POETRY. (Stalk him Follow him on Instagram for some daily eye candy: @jefholm)

I know, I know, it’s a TV show. But if he’s acting, he is THE greatest actor of all time and I’d rank him up there with Tom Hanks in the romantic-comedy genre. But please, just let me continue living in my little Bachelor/Bachelorette fantasy world where everyone is represented accurately and true love is possible. Thank you kindly.

During the last episode (home town dates), Jef penned this little ditty for Emily. Women across the country collectively sighed. Then hit rewind and sighed some more.

I got bored and transcribed Jef’s letter to Emily for you. You’re welcome.
Men… pay attention. This is how it’s done.


Jef: I wrote down a bunch of stuff, and I want to read it to you.

You and I have one of those relationships that just comes easily.
From the first time I met you there was a unique connection.
That the only words I can use to describe it is meant to be.
As we spent the last little while traveling the world together, I’ve gotten to know so much about you.
I’ve realized I’m completely in love with everything about you.
I love the way you smile.
I love the way you grab my hand and hold it.
I love how good of a person you are.
I love how passionate you are about helping others.
I love how good of a mom you are.
I love that you want a cute little family, hopefully with me.
I love how you chase your dreams and I love how you want to make the world a better place.
I love how funny you are and how funny we are together.
I love how you fit in my arms.
I love the thought of going to sleep next to you and waking up to those big brown eyes every morning.
I’m so excited to meet Ricki.
I’ll teach her how to play sports and I’ll cheer her up when she’s sad and laugh with her when she’s funny.
And I’ll be there for her.
I wanna show her how to fall in love and have a love story that lasts forever, because I’ll love you forever.
Most of all, I’m completely and hopelessly in love with you.


Emily, do the right thing. Pick Jef and make me the happiest fan in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be respectful when commenting.